Google launched Google SMS for free as a lab feature and now its a available for everyone.
SMS credit in Chat
SMS credit is an allocation of SMS (text messages) that you’re able to send to a mobile phone:
- Initially, you’re granted a credit of fifty messages.
- Every time you send a message, your credit decreases by one.
- Every time you receive an SMS message in Chat (for example when a phone user replies to one of your messages) your credit increases by five, up to a maximum of 50.
Quick tip(trick) to increase your Google SMS credits;
If your SMS credit goes down to zero at any point, it will increase back up to one 24 hours later. So, you won’t ever be locked out of the system.
If you cant see Google SMS feature in the left panel of your Gmail, just follow this easy steps.
- Click on Settings, and go to the Labs tab
- Scroll down until you see “Text Messaging (SMS) in Chat” and select Enable
- Also enable the “SMS in Chat gadget” and then Save Changes
You can send free texts to your friends in the US and many countries around the world – 305 views