Early this year a German site named WinFuture discovered that three will be three new Pixel devices according to Google’s AOSP (Android Open Source Platform) code with code-names ‘Muskie’, ‘Walleye’ and ‘Taimen’. It looks like ‘Muskie’ and ‘Walleye’ is referring to the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. But the code name ‘Taimen’ is still a mystery.
Since all this code-names refers to kinds of fish every ones guess is its going to be a another bigger phone, and they call it Google Pixel 2 XXL.
Our guess : Google Pixel C 2017 (Pixel C 2)
Since we haven’t seen a good tablet device from Google for a long time, our guess is its going to be a tablet / notebook hybrid. With the new multi-window support and performance features of Android 7 Nougat, now is the best time to bring a hybrid device that will replace both android tablets and chrome books.
What we expect
Currently there are lots of android tablets in the market that are trying too hard to replace laptops / notebooks. If some is to develop such a product to do that we expect at least following features must be there.
- 7 to 9 inches of HD display.
- USB type C.
- Full size USB (A) port for built in OTG (USB on the go) support.
- Longer battery life (at least 10 hours of screen on time), with fast charging.
- Keyboard attachment case.
- Stylus (more like the S-Pen).
- Better front facing camera with wider angle lens.
- Headphone jack.
- Bluetooth 5, WIFI, LTE 4G.
- IR Blaster.
What we don’t want
Today’s manufactures tend to market products with lots of unwanted and unnecessary features. We believe its our duty to highlight some features that are unnecessary. So don’t even bother making them available.
- Rear facing camera: Although a front facing camera could be useful for video conferencing the rear facing camera is a real dumb idea be included in a tablet PC.
- Slim build: Having a larger battery and longer battery life is more impotent for most users that trying to build it slimmer and thinner.
This are only our predictions for the best Android hybrid tablet that some one should make someday, please feel free leave your comments below.